This is a list of all of my informal papers which relate in some way to artificial intelligence (AI). It will be updated as I post additional papers.
For a very quick introduction to AI:
For an introduction to intelligent digital assistants:
For a much more extended dive into AI (160 pages), but still mostly non-technical, with lots of plain-language definitions and discussion:
To help distinguish AI, machine intelligence, automation, and robotics:
For a zoom in on the concepts of intelligent entities, agency, and autonomy:
For a hint as to how we might make a big step towards Kurzweil’s Singularity:
For a summary of the state of the art for AI relative to achieving human-level intelligence (Strong AI):
Here is the full list of my informal papers which relate directly to artificial intelligence (AI), in reverse chronological order of posting, most recent at top:
- We Need a Turing Test for Learning
- Proposal for Level 0 General Wisdom
- How Close Is AI to Human-level Intelligence Here in April 2018?
- What Is Reason?
- Is It AI or Machine Intelligence?
- How Much of Robotics Is AI?
- Is It Really AI or Just Automation?
- What Is AI (Artificial Intelligence)? — A light introduction to AI.
- Intelligent Entities: Principals, Agents, and Assistants
- What Are Autonomy and Agency?
- What Is an Intelligent Digital Assistant?
- What Is an Assistant?
- Vocabulary of Knowledge, Thought, and Reason — Concepts that we use to work with knowledge — and that an AI system will need to be competent with to achieve Strong AI.
- Untangling the Definitions of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Intelligence, and Machine Learning — A full treatment of AI — 160 pages, lots of definitions and discussion.
- Spectrum of Functional Behavior
- Domains of Truth
- Extreme AI: Closing the Loop and Opening the Spiral — How do we make a big step towards Kurzweil’s Singularity.
- Model for Existence and Essence
- Can Machines Think?
- Questions about Thinking
Other papers which indirectly relate to AI, such as software agents:
- Model of Speech
- Semantic Web Terms and Concepts
- Terms and Concepts Related to Software Agent Technology
- Software Agent Technology Terms and Concepts
- Software Agent Interactions: Control, Client, Communication, Cooperation, Coordination, and Collaboration
- Software Agent Cardinality: Individual, Ensemble, Armada, Swarm, Storm
- Rich Semantic Infrastructure Needed for Software Agents to Thrive
- Life Agents — Software Agents to Help You Live a Better Life
- Base Technology Agent Server — Actual code to support a simplified form of software agent.
- The Consumer-Centric Knowledge Web — A Vision of Consumer Applications of Software Agent Technology — Enabling Consumer-Centric Knowledge-Based Computing
- Software Agent Manifesto
- What is a Software Agent?
These lists will be updated as I post new papers.